- Design from concept through to detailed & production, specification, operating philosophies, requisitioning and co-ordination of electrical aspects of ship main propulsion, auxiliary and hull machinery surveillance and control systems from pre-contract to ship acceptance, including meetings with Owners and Sub-contractors.
- All aspects of Ships Electrical Systems, specialising in the production of System Block Diagrams from ships specifications and sub contractors information including either Control & Instrumentation and power requirements.
- Production of Load balance calculations, lighting calculations, short circuit calculations etc.
- Production of detailed schematic and wiring diagrams for a wide range of electrical systems.
- Direct experience in design of marine & offshore structures & systems
- Ability to work from first principles
- Extensive knowledge of classification society rules & flag state regulations
- System studies using proprietary systems analysis software.
- Diligence & attention to detail
- High degree of autonomy
- Ability to supervise a small team of individuals
- Good communications skills
- Proficiency in AutoCAD * Microsoft office
- Good team worker
- Willing to travel on assignments away from the office
- Professional qualifications desirable, however appropriate experience and practical skills are equally as desirable.